Thursday 5 June 2008

Richard relieved to quit EastEnders

Actress Wendy Richard has revealed that she left 'EastEnders' because she was feeling stressed out over her storylines and was tired of the heavy filming schedules.
According to the Mirror, the 64-year-old actress, who played Pauline Fowler in the show, also said that she doesn't watch the soap anymore.
Richard said: "I consider 'EastEnders' to be in the past, finished. I stopped watching it before I left."
"'EastEnders' is a great big machine. You can't stop it and it is so hard to get off. I was really struggling to cope. The pressure was always on me."
Richard also said that she feels more relaxed since quitting the show, saying: "I feel better in myself. I have no stress any more."
"It's quite a release. Life is more relaxed. My shoulders were tight all the time before," she said.
Referring to her friends at 'EastEnders', she said: "I don't feel like I've lost my family. We meet up when we can."